Self care is a huge topic right now. With spring, the season of new beginnings upon us, a springtime self care routine is a must for your mental health and wellbeing.
People are really starting to take their health and wellbeing more seriously, and that my friends can only be a good thing.
If you won’t take care of yourself, then who will? Right?
As much as it’s great to grab a spa day with friends, and to be professionally pampered from time to time, that’s just not accessible to everyone.
So I figured I’d put together a few springtime self care ideas that are 100% simple, free (or super cheap) for you to include in your daily routine.
It’s time to come out of hibernation
Although here in the U.K. we have had a mild winter, the season itself still takes its toll on our wellbeing.
The darker mornings and early dark evenings make it all too tempting to hide away indoors with our cosy comforts.
However it’s time to emerge from our winter hideouts and seek the light.
Springtime offers some serious self care benefits that you need to take advantage of to boost your mind, body and soul.
Here are some great springtime self care ideas for you to try.
- Embrace the slightly lighter mornings and evenings, its like a mini extension to your day. Use this extra daylight to get up a little earlier. Make your mornings less rushed, and your evenings more relaxed.
- Head outdoors for some fresh air and vitamin D. Although you have probably enjoyed some wintery walks, you can now shed a layer or two and let your skin breathe.
- Exfoliate, seriously your skin will love you for it. We just don’t show our skin the same level of love during winter as we hide it away under all the layers of clothing. There are loads of great homemade natural exfoliaor recipies to discover on Pinterest if you fancy making your own. Or a warm flannel can do a great job with your favourite soap.
- Moisturise your freshly exfoliated skin with your chosen moisturiser. Your skin will soak it up and you will feel as fresh as a daisy.
- Spring is all about new life and beginnings. Make a list of new things you would like to add to your self care routine such as;
New foods/ new recipes
Bold fashion choice/ more colour to your wardrobe
Travel destinations far and wide
Start a journal/ blog
Create a mood board
Read a thought provoking book
Start a garden
Learn a new hobby/ instrument/ craft/ lesson/ class
Don’t forget to include some of the following into your daily and weekly self care routines.
Meditation apps/ wellbeing apps
Daily short walk/ weekly long walk in local park or nature spot
Take the children on a springtime nature hunt.
Vow to take a note of your mental health. How is your mood? Is there someone you can talk to if needed?
Try to introduce some mindfulness into your daily routine.
Take note of the wildlife visiting your springtime garden, enjoy watching them.
Walk in the woods, listen to the sounds of the trees, embrace the peace and tranquility.
Practice deep breathing exercises. Breathe in for a count of 4, hold your breath for 4 counts and release for 4 counts. (Repeat 10x)
Enjoy just sitting in your garden.
Start a gratitude journal.
Plant some spring flowers in your garden or containers.
I will add to this list but I think that’s plenty ideas for you to make a start to your springtime self care challenge.
If you have any other ideas you would like to share below in the comments, that would be great.
Don’t forget to pin and share with others 🤗
Check out the Gardening Love Shop for lots of lovely springtime printables to brighten up your home!
Happy spring folks.
Becky 🌼 Gardening Love 🌼