When was the last time you felt grateful for all the great things in life?
Sometimes life just gets on top of you. Work, relationships, children, studying, finances ……. it can all get a little bit too much.
If this sounds familiar then just so you know its ok to feel this way. We all experience feelings of overwhelm and at times its easy to feel defeated with life in general.
However one of the best steps forward in these types of situations, is to stop and take stock of all the amazing things that you DO have in your life!
Thats right my friends, the best way to flip these tough times on their head is to be grateful for all the wonderful aspects to your life. A little appreciation can go a long way.
This post contains affiliate links. This just means that Gardening Love will earn a small commission if you make a purchase through these links, at no extra cost to you. Thank you ☺️
Gratitude is the key to happiness
We have all been there, some more than others, wishing for more. More opportunities, more money, more time, more beauty, more happiness etc etc !!!
However when was the last time you stopped to appreciate all the things that you do have?
What about all the things that you have achieved in your life?
It’s very easy to forget just how much we have accomplished over the years and how privileged we are to have had the opportunities that we have had.
So I’ve put together a little list of things to remind you of how grateful you should be for some of the simple things in your life.
It’s important to remember that many people across the world will not have had a fraction of these opportunities come their way, so a touch of appreciation won’t harm!
The Gratitude List
- Waking up to a new day, the chance to live another day. (Many other people wont get this chance) What will you do with the new day you have been blessed with?
- The beautiful sunrise outside your window
- The choice of clothes that you have in your wardrobe
- Shoes that fit your feet
- A breakfast to help you start your day with energy
- Your car
- Public transport
- Hearing birdsong outside
- A smile from a stranger
- The door being held open for you
- A warm drink on a cold day
- A cold drink on a hot day
- Conversation (Loneliness is a huge part of some peoples lives)
- Physical contact from a loved one
- Your freedom
- An unexpected call from a relative or friend
- Reminising over happy memories
- Looking through photo albums
- Having video footage of special memories
- The sunshine on your face
- Walking in the rain
- Making snowmen
- Trying a new food
- Having a lunch break
- A chocolate treat
- Ice cream on a warm day
- Lazy days
- Being able to read and write
- Sharing a story with a child
- Listening to music
Here’s a few more things to be grateful for ??
- Visiting the seaside
- Walking in the woods
- Trying new hobbies and opportunities
- Going to the theatre
- Live music
- Receiving a random act of kindness
- Giving a random act of kindness
- Having a holiday
- Weekends to relax
- Access to nature
- Recieving postcards
- Your health
- Your body, even though you might want to make changes to your body and you moan about all the things you don’t like. The body you own deserves your appreciation. We put our bodies through a lot! Be grateful for your wonderful body ??
- Being able to walk
- The ability to talk
- Hearing the crash of waves
- Having access to education
- The taste of your evening meal
- Sleeping in a comfy bed
- Fluffy pillows
- A hot bath
- Having a cuddle
- Fresh clean water
- Spending quality time with the children in your life
- The gift of sight
- The chance to live your best life.
There we are folks, a few things to think about and feel grateful for when your in need of reminding just what you are fortunate enough to have in your life.
Always remember that there is usually someone worse off than you in the world.
Remembering these things and showing more appreciation can help put your situation into perspective.
If you enjoyed this post and would like to sign up to the monthly newsletter and updates on new posts then subscribe below ???