We all have dark days. Those days when you want to stay under the duvet and pretend your not there.
Those days when you feel as though there is no right side of the bed, let alone the wrong side!
It’s days like these when we need some positive actions to focus on to get us through the day.
It’s the little things. Small and simple precious moments that can help lift you when you need it most.
So turn that frown upside down and use this list of happy actions when you need positive inspiration.
60 Happy actions
- Wake early, set your alarm and seize the day.
- Watch the sunrise
- Enjoy a shower
- Paint your nails, experiment with a new colour
- Go for a walk
- Call a friend
- Eat your favourite food
- Read a good book
- Speak to family
- Curl up with a soft cosy blanket
- Watch the birds in your garden
- Sit in the garden and spot butterflies
- Walk through the woods
- Plant a flower
- Drink your favourite drink
- Look up at the clouds
- Stand up and stretch your body
- Colour a picture
- Cuddle someone special
- Try a new recipe
- Read a magazine
- Do a puzzle
- Start a journal
- Walk around your garden
- Visit a local park
- visit a public garden
- Have a clear out
- Dress up in your favourite outfit
Here are some more ideas
- Watch the sunset
- Get an early night
- Put your favourite music on
- Dance around like no one is watching
- Sing your heart out
- Change your bedding so its nice and fresh for your early night
- Have an hour without gadgets
- Sort your Calendar out
- Take a trip to the card shop and read all the funny cards
- Draw a picture
- Watch your favourite film
- Look through old photos
- Sort out your photo albums
- Make a vision board
- Read new blogs that inspire you
- Listen to a podcast
- Try meditation for 5 minutes
- Practice mindfulness
- Have a tidy up!
- Go to the mirror and make eye contact with yourself for a while
- Make a strangers day, say hello in the street
- Share the love and give someone a compliment
- Stand barefoot on the grass
- Practice deep breathing for 5 minutes
- Go for a drive
- Look at the moon
- Stargaze with a cosy blanket
- Buy yourself some flowers
- Take up knitting
- Stroke an animal
A little positive energy goes a long way
The thing about dark days and low moods is that its so easy to do very little. Often the simplest activity’s can feel like an absolute chore.
As hard as it is to push through that feeling, we must try our best to brake that cycle.
Trying just one of the above on a low mood day can make all the difference. You will feel a sense of achievement knowing that you tried.
I hope you find something in the list to inspire you.
Check out this post for 60 Reasons to be grateful for more life inspiration !
If you enjoyed this post and would like to receive more great posts like this then subscribe to the Gardening Love email list below 🤗👇🏼
Please share any other ideas below? What are your top tips for getting through dark days?
Gardening Love 💚